WVSU Philippines Folk Dance Contest
2017 University Week Celebration
January 25, 2017 | 10:00 A.M. | WVSU Grandstand & Grounds
GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES OF THE CONTEST
- This contest is open to all faculty, administrative staff, and students of WVSU.
- Only one group per college/satellite campus is allowed. A participating group can be composed of faculty members, staff, students, or a combination thereof. Faculty administrators (faculty holding administrative load) have the option to join their college or campus.
- Personnel belonging to the following units may form one group: Office of the President, VPRET, VPAF, and VPMAS. The VPAA and UPDO staff will not be participating but will assist in the conduct of the event.
- Each group shall be composed of four (4) to eight (8) pairs, each pair may be composed of all males/females, or a combination of both.
- The dancers must interpret any folk dance such as:
- Sayaw sa Bangko
- Pandanggo sa Ilaw
- Three (3) copies of the literature of the dance lifted from any source (properly cited) shall be shall be submitted for distribution to the members of the board of judges.
- The dance must be accompanied by the music prescribed in the folk dance. Live or recorded music is allowed.
- Where the author of the documentation of the dances does not specify or describe the entrance and/or exit steps, the trainer may create such. However, entrance steps must not be longer than the dance itself. Entrance and exit should not exceed one (1) minute each.
- Staging may be implemented but the authenticity of the dance step, costume, and music shall be observed.
- The decision of the judges is final and unappealable.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Skill and Mastery of Performance 20%
Stage Projection, Grace and Poise 20%
Showmanship/Unity, Expression, and Precision 10%
Interpretation (Authentic interpretation of the dance literature) 30%
Authenticity of Costume, Music and Props 20%