History

West Visayas State University (WVSU) Calinog Campus, previously known as Calinog Agricultural and Industrial College, evolved from a very small beginning. WVSU-Calinog was Calinog High School (CALHI) upon its establishment in 1947 through the procurement of former Provincial Board Member and Mayor of Calinog, Atty. Jose M. Celo and Congressman of the 4th District of Iloilo, Colonel Julian Chavez. Congressman Ricardo Y. Ladrido sponsored RA. No. 2399 converting the Calinog High School to Calinog Agricultural and Industrial School (CAIS).

Read more ...