History

The history, growth and development of WEST VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY in Pototan can be traced back to the post-war refresher classes under the umbrella of Iloilo High School in 1945.   The name then evolved  from Pototan Regional High School (Iloilo Branch), to Iloilo Provincial High School in 1946 and,  Pototan High School  from 1947-1957.

From the NARIC building where classes were originally held, it moved to a 20-room nipa building at the town plaza and finally transferred to its present site at Barangay Cau-ayan, Pototan.  Of the 11.5-hectare school site, 9.5 hectares were donated by some civic spirited Pototanons and another 2 hectares were purchased by the school.

Read more ...