Conducts researches, programs and projects for the development and intellectualization of Filipino Language.
1. Conducts researches and studies on the languages and literature of Region VI in order to develop, propagate, preserve and enrich the Filipino Language;
2. Prepare textbooks, references, journals, magazines and other instructional materials in the teaching of Filipino in all levels of education;
3. Train different local and national government heads and personnel/officials in the use of Filipino as an official medium of communication and correspondence as provided for in the Executive Order 335 s, 1998;
4. Upgrade and help enhance teaching effectiveness and skills in the use of Filipino among teachers, instructors, professors and heads of the WVSU and other school, colleges and universities, public and private, throughout the region;
5. Help in a speedy and effective implementation of the Bilingual Education Program (DECS Memo No. 52s, 1987) in Region VI and in other schools, colleges, universities, private and public in coordination with DECS, CHED, TESDA, and other private and government agencies.
Programs and Activities
1. Launch regional contests in Filipino poetry, essay and short stories.
2. Conducts regional and national conferences, trainings, seminar-workshop for the development and propagation of Filipino Language and enhance or upgrade teaching skills of Filipino teachers.
3. Develop instructional materials, textbooks, reference books in Filipino for use in the elementary, secondary, and tertiary levels of education.
4. Conduct researchers related to the development, standardization and intellectualization of Filipino as a national language.
5. Undertake translation into Filipino of literary works written in Hiligaynon, English and Spanish.
6. Publish researchers, essay, poetry, short stories, and the like in the PSWF VI – Journal (SINAG) from different writers in other colleges and universities in Region VI.
A. Literary Contests
1. Regional literary contests conducted or sponsored by the PSWF VI-WSVU are open to all schools, colleges, and universities private and public in Region VI. The contest may be on three levels: Elementary, secondary, and tertiary.
2. Prizes for contest are in cash and usually sponsored by the Commission for National Language.
B. Researches/Projects Proposals
1. The PSWF VI-WVSU accepts project proposals in line with the development, standardization, and intellectualization of Filipino language a well as instructional materials production in Filipino subject to the approval by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Filipino Language.
2. Proposal submitted should follow a required specific format and the line item budget is subject to the approval of the Commission on Filipino Language.
3. Funding of the approved study is coursed through the West Visayas State University and subject to the auditing rules of the University.
C. Seminars, Trainings, Seminar-Workshop Conducted
1. Seminars, trainings, seminar-workshop conducted by the PWSF VI-WVSU may be held at the West Visayas State University and in other schools, colleges or university in Region VI as long as request is made to the PSWF or to the KWF.
2. Traveling expenses of Speakers coming form the KWF are shouldered by the KWF.
3. Seminar fees and or registration are charged to each participant to defray expenses for seminar kits, certificate of attendance, honoraria of speakers, food, etc.; however, all collections should be deposited to the PSWF VI-Trust Fund. Reimbursements of expenses for seminars are subject to accounting and auditing rules of the university.