WVSU College Admission Test (CAT)
Guidelines and Admission Requirements
1.Those who seek admission to the University must first pass the WVSUCAT. It is open to all graduate/graduating students from general/vocational secondary schools recognized by the Department of Education. Application form for CAT is available beginning first week of September each year. The WVSU CAT is administered on specified dates each year at the main campus and designated testing sites.
2. Accomplished application forms should be filed with the office of Admissions and Records, Office of the Registrar, Offices of the Deans and Directors of the Academic Units on specified dates indicated.
3.A corresponding application fee and testing fee will be charged. For mailed application forms, enclose money order payable to WVSUCAT Trust Fund and two (2) self-addressed stamped long white envelopes.
4. Duly accomplished application forms should be submitted with the following:
- A copy of high school report card duly certified by the Principal/Registrar for applicants who have already graduated or a photocopy of the latest grading- period report card for those who are graduating in March of the next year.
- Two recent identical passport (2x2) pictures duly signed at the back by the applicant.
- A photocopy of applicant’s birth certificate.
- One (1) self-addressed stamped long white mailing envelope.
5. Ranking system will be used to determine the number of students to be admitted into the program. Other requirements would be needed to qualify in the College of Mass Communication:
- Result of WVSU College Admission Test (cut- off score: 80)
- Authenticated photocopy of report card with no final grade lower than 80 in all subjects.
- Two (2) 2x2 identification pictures (Write your complete name on the back of the pictures).
- Receipt of Non-refundable testing fee of Php 170.00.
6. Must be certified as physically fit by the university physician.
Mass Communication Aptitude Test
Guidelines and Requirements
- Academic record (High School Report Card)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Birth Certificate
- WVSU College Admission Test (CAT) result with a cut-off score specified by the college
- Receipts of Payment of processing fee
- One (1) long brown envelope
- 2 identical copies of 2x2 picture (with white background)
Qualifications of the Applicant:
- Must be a graduate of a general or vocational secondary school duly recognized by the Department of Education.
- At least 16 years of age, but not over 21 years old.
- Single and should remain single throughout the course.
- Must meet the WVSU-CAT cut-off score specified by the college.
- Must have a Quality Index (QI) of at least High Average in the Masscom Aptitude Test.
- Must be certified as physically fit after a medical-dental examination conducted by the WVSU physician and dentist.
Criteria for Admission
- Admission to the WVSU College of Mass Communications shall be based on the following:
High School Grade 25%
Point Average (GPA)
WVSUCAT Performance 25%
Mass Com Aptitude 30%
Performance in the Interview 20% Total 100%
- Ranking system is used to determine the number of students to be admitted into the program