WVSU College Admission Test (CAT)
Guidelines and Admission Requirements
1.Those who seek admission to the University must first pass the WVSUCAT. It is open to all graduate/graduating students from general/vocational secondary schools recognized by the Department of Education. Application form for CAT is available beginning first week of September each year. The WVSU CAT is administered on specified dates each year at the main campus and designated testing sites.
2. Accomplished application forms should be filed with the office of Admissions and Records, Office of the Registrar, Offices of the Deans and Directors of the Academic Units on specified dates indicated.
3.A corresponding application fee and testing fee will be charged. For mailed application forms, enclose money order payable to WVSUCAT Trust Fund and two (2) self-addressed stamped long white envelopes.
4. Duly accomplished application forms should be submitted with the following:
- A copy of high school report card duly certified by the Principal/Registrar for applicants who have already graduated or a photocopy of the latest grading- period report card for those who are graduating in March of the next year.
- Two recent identical passport (2x2) pictures duly signed at the back by the applicant.
- A photocopy of applicant’s birth certificate.
- One (1) self-addressed stamped long white mailing envelope.
5. Ranking system will be used to determine the number of students to be admitted into the program. Other requirements would be needed to qualify in the College of Mass Communication:
- Result of WVSU College Admission Test (cut- off score: 80)
- Authenticated photocopy of report card with no final grade lower than 80 in all subjects.
- Two (2) 2x2 identification pictures (Write your complete name on the back of the pictures).
- Receipt of Non-refundable testing fee of Php 170.00.
6. Must be certified as physically fit by the university physician.