The University Research and Development Center (URDC) is committed to develop
highly competent researchers who will produce relevant quality research outputs and transfer
generated knowledge and technology that will contribute to the continuous improvement of the
quality of life.
One of the leading research-rich universities in Southeast Asia
Develop a dynamic culture of excellence in research.
1. Developing & strengthening the research capabilities of faculty, staff and students in doing
individual and collaborative researches in multidisciplinary fields.
2. Establishing local, regional, national and international network and linkages with other
3. Publishing research outputs in refereed print and on-line journals.
4. Institutionalizing the filing of IPR.
5. Providing an enabling research environment.
The University Research and Development Center continually seeks to realize the vision of
becoming a research-rich university in Southeast Asia.
1. Involve all faculty and students in research and increase staff’s involvement by 10% in 2020.
2. Increase number of researchers with track records (with publications in ISI/Scopus/CHED
accredited journals) to seventy (70) researchers.
3. Increase number of completed researches to 100 and the number of collaborative
researches to 45.
4. Increase linkages and external research grants by 10% and 43%, respectively.
5. Increase number of research publication in ISI/Scopus/CHED accredited/other journals by
6. Increase number of IPRs filed, registered and awarded to nine (9).
7. Increase number of technologies disseminated, packaged for commercialization and
adopted by end users to six (6).
8. Upgrading of existing personnel and hiring of two (2) additional research personnel.
9. Upgrading of R & D facilities and construction of state-of-the-art R & D building.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Researches are monitored through the University Research In-House Reviews which is done
twice a year by a Technical Panel. Moreover, quarterly progress reports are submitted by
Through the regular monitoring activities and meeting with research coordinators, issues and
concerns are addressed to promote smooth and timely implementation of research.
RESEARCH THRUSTS AND PRIORITIES (2016-2020)
1. Poverty Alleviation
2. Teaching and Learning Initiatives
3. Health and Disease Management
4. Environmental Sustainability